Manual of Industrial Property ("Brown Book")
For more than 90 years, this reliable source explains the procedures and laws involved in filing applications for a patent, trademark or designs in over 230 jurisdictions.
- Delivers detailed information on the filing requirements for patents, trademarks, industrial designs and utility models in over 230 countries
- Allows quick access to information relating to multiple jurisdictions and topics through Smart Charts™ functionality
- Our News Alert service keeps you informed with the latest Intellectual Property developments, including new laws and changing regulations relevant to you
- Edited by prominent IP law firms, Arnold & Siedsma & PotterIP
- Provides the full text of key conventions, treaties and agreements, including the European Patent Convention and its implementing regulations
Patent & Designs
Kluwer IP Law’s unique focus on Patent and Design law offers on-demand information, covering:
A Customer View
“You might have more case law than the other party and that might make the difference between a win or a loss”
The Annotated European Patent Convention offers article by article commentary on the European patent convention.
The Visser's EPC Smart Charts (online tool) enables you to make quick searches on key topics of the European Patent Convention.
The Smart Charts provides you with commentaries on the text of the law and on the case law of the Boards of Appeal of the European Patent Office with links to the related law and case law.
Available as a Wolters Kluwer subscription
ktMINE Helps Corporations Develop IP Strategies, Understand IP Value and Mitigate IP
Professionals responsible for strategy, competitive intelligence, licensing, transactions, M&A, and litigation leverage ktMINE to streamline the research process by minimizing research time and maximizing the ability to quickly analyze a broad range of authoritative data. Delivered in real-time.
ktMINE's intuitive search functionality, insightful reports, and powerful analytics enable better informed decisions. The extensive, connected IP datasets include:
- License agreements
- Royalty rates
- Patents & assignments
- U.S. trademarks & assignments
- M&A deals & rumours
- IP Connections
- U.S. patent court cases
- IP News
Through connected datasets, ktMINE provides trend data visualizations and transaction structures that aid in IP strategy development, valuation, and risk mitigation. Built directly into the search process, analytics are responsive with one-click filters for flexible analysis and link to the source data for credible reporting.
Reports available on demand exclusively via Wolters Kluwer
Cipher revolutionises IP business intelligence by applying cutting-edge data science to the worlds leading sources of patent-related data. Cipher reports use AI and machine learning to show insight into complex technology landscapes.
Cipher Reports enable you to:
- Identify and organise what a company owns
- Compare that portfolio with up to 10 other companies
- Access detailed analytics
- Collaborate or share with colleagues
- Export analysis and underlying patent data
Using the latest in artificial intelligence, Cipher Reports provide customisable analytics to support projects in the the core areas of IP research:
- Competitive Intelligence
- Due Diligence
- Risk and Litigation
- Cost Management
Companies in the pharmaceutical industry will access a wide range of information focused on their industry sector: patent system, licensing contracts, pharmaceutical regulatory law, trade secrets and more.
Play the video
Companies in the chemical industry will access a wide range of information focused on their industry sector: patent system, licensing contracts, trade secrets and more.
Play the video
“The Trades Secret Directive is going to create a kind of a new intellectual property right which will be a very powerful tool for companies”